Thursday, August 8, 2013

Aggravation

So, a woman sits down next to Charles and me at the beach.  Charles was digging in the sand and making walls and she said " Wow, he's really doing a great job, there!"  I smiled and said something like "uh huh" and she kept going.  "How old is he?" "Fourteen", I answered.

I was already annoyed by fact that she was sitting two feet away from him but addressed her questions to me.  I could see that he was also bothered by her.  

Her next question was "What's his name?"  So, I said "Charles, what's your name?".  He didn't answer and his body language was "JUST GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, CRAZY WOMAN!"

So, obviously oblivious to Charles' aggravation, she says to me "Does he speak?".

I gave her a look like "Are you freaking kidding me?"  Then, I gave a forced laugh and said that he did.  In my head I was thinking "Yeah, he talks, but not to insane strangers who approach him on the beach!"

At this point, Charles got up and headed for the end of the dock, where he jumped in.  He was clearly done with this idiot.  But, she wasn't.  She watched him jump in and asked me "Can he swim?"

Um, no.  No, he can't swim.  I'm pretty sure the lifeguards will save him, though.  I'm just going to casually observe from fifty yards away.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME PSYCHO LADY?

Otherwise, it was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment