Friday, April 26, 2013

Life With Charles: Volume 241

I checked the toilet seat like I usually do before I sit.  In a houseful of boys, it's a bad idea to sit without looking.  There was no pee this time, but when I looked closer...hair; lots of it.  Sigh.  I must have missed the bald spot under the cap Charles chose today.  I will never understand his need to butcher his thick hair.  

Sigh...

Wednesday is my early day at work.  I need to get all my stuff done and get the boys out the door by 7:40.  I do all these silly things to save time, like line up all my toiletries on the sink.  I'm not sure it actually saves time, but it makes me feel less stressed getting out the door.  

The other day, I found myself with a few extra minutes, so I decided to save my shower for after I dropped the boys off.  I had about 20 minutes, which is plenty for me if I have all my stuff together.  

When I got into the bathroom, I noticed my deodorant missing.  Sigh... It took me all of half a second to realize that Charles had hidden it on me.  He loves to hide things:  my toothbrush, his brothers' electronics, cats...

Double sigh...

It took me ten of my short twenty minutes to locate the missing deodorant, which was not in any of the usual hiding places.  Cursing the entire time, I did manage to get out the door on time.  I had to laugh at myself in the end, wasting all that time lining things up only to spend ten minutes chasing down a stick of deodorant.

Last night I was trying to Skype with my cousin.  In between screaming for quiet (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) and trying to keep the camera from shooting me directly under my chins, we did manage to get a few words in.  I only fear that the last image burned in my poor cousin's brain is Chooch in his terrifying clown mask jumping off the chair into the camera.

Such is life with Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment